February 14, 2014

Finished Props

Took me a bit to finish the whole set, but only because I think I started the diaper cover pattern that was on the same blog as the booties about 3 times and started my own pattern about 3 times as well before it was coming out the way I wanted. Oh man it was worth it, as this newborn lambie set has me squealing in delight at how cute it is and so did everyone else who had seen it when stopping by my house today. 


Baby Lamb Set


The customer originally ordered just the hat and that hat would be the first time I ever had used the bobble stitch (all the bumps) ever and in hindsight I wish I would have known to pull the hdc after each bobble stitch tighter since that gives the stitch more of a puffy look. Practice makes better though right? And well it certainly does because by time I started the boots and diaper cover I was feelin' like a pro at the stitch.  It still came out great and in the end I have the knowledge to do better next time. 


Baby is not due until the end of March so no baby photos with this set any time super soon, but when I do I hope to have permission to share here and/or on my FB page because this is going to be so adorable on baby! 

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I love those! Very cool blog, spreading crafty goodness around the web :)

    ReplyDelete